[mythtv-users] spdif and m3n78-em

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 23:49:41 UTC 2009

> >This is a wag, but have you looked in the bios for some switch?
> >

> >Allen
>
> Yes there is a switch in the BIOS. When set to SPDIF there is no light or
> sound from the optical output on the back  nor any sound from the onboard
> SPDIF header. When setting it to HDMI there is sound from the onboard SPDIF
> header.

I have seen this and had set it to SPDIF as that seems to make sense. I did
try it the other way around as well with no luck but that was before
updating the bios to the latest version. There was nothing mentioned in the
BIOS release notes about fixing this as an issue but I will try again post
BIOS upgrade.

Cheers
Phil