[mythtv-users] Backend shuts down on idle during user job.

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 22:28:54 UTC 2009

I'm using the dvbradioexport.pl script from contrib. I've set it as a
user job and it works great.

However I noticed that the end of my shows were sometimes missing.
I'd assumed it was a scheduling issue but it turns out that my backend
is shutting down while the script is still running.  The User Job
takes 3 to 4 minutes to run and I have a 180s idle timeout set on my
backend.

In the backend log I can see

I'm idle now... shutdown will occur in 180 seconds.

and

Running the command to shutdown this computer :-

in the middle of the dvbradioexport script output.

Of course I could extend my idle time,  but I thought the idle
detection was supposed to take account of user jobs?

Does anyone know if there's a setting I need to make to enable this?

Thanks