[mythtv-users] plasma panels, hdmi and mythtv

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Sun Feb 1 14:43:50 UTC 2009

Phil Wild wrote:

[deleted]

> Now my next question relates to my location. I live in Australia and our
> broadcasts are at 50Hz. I have not been able to find a way to get my plasma
> panel to switch to 50Hz when connected to the PC via SVGA or via HDMI. My
> plasma panel is a Sumsung PS50A650. The Nvidia control panel only allows me
> to select 50Hz in SVGA and over HDMI, I can select 50Hz, but the panel never
> syncs at this frequency....

Have you confirmed in your panels manual that it is actually capable of
50Hz?  I know you said you're in Australia, but you also mentioned it
syncs at 60Hz on its SVGA input. I thought that most panels were capable
of one or the other - not both?

If you're sure it's capable, you should next check the contents of your
Xorg.0.log file - you should have some clues in there as to what's
happening when it attempts to sync at 50Hz but does not.