[mythtv-users] problem with playback of hd recordings

Bert Haverkamp bert at bertenselena.net
Sun Feb 1 12:34:40 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I'm building a new  mythtv box, for recording dvb-c.
The  mainboard is a Gigabyte GA-EG45M-DS2H  and I use a Intel Core 2 Duo
E7200 (2.53Ghz)
The mainboard has an intel G45 graphics chipset, for which I'm using the
latest 2.6.1 driver version
Distribution is mythbuntu, mix of intrepid and some packages from the
upcoming jaunty.

Most is now working well. However, one problem remains: playback of HD
recordings.

The mythfrontend.real process shows over 100% cpu load and the playback
freezes every few seconds.
Other 1080p content plays smoothly at a much lower cpu load.

What is the problem here? Does anyone have a comparible setup that works or
is my CPU just to weak?
Any comments and suggestions are welcome!

Regards,

Bert