[mythtv-users] Up-To-Date (UK) FreeSAT channel numbers?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 00:38:02 UTC 2009

On 31/01/2009, Bradley Kite <bradley.kite at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there.
>
>  Does any body have a proper list of free-set channels and their
>  numbers? From scanning, the numbers are all messed up, like BBC 1 is
>  6302 instead of 101. All the channel numbers from the scan are in
>  their thousands and make no sense.
>
>  I found a list on the web here:
>  http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freesatchannels.html but it seems out
>  of date.

The list was updated in Dec 2008. Is it any different to
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/satellite/freesatepg/ or
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_channels_on_Freesat ? Don't
forget that you are receiving a lot of additional channels that are
not part of the Freesat EPG.

>  I'm trying to work on a way to automatically map the channel-numbers
>  from the scan into something more sensible, so that after a scan you
>  dont have to re-do every thing again in the channel editor.

I'm not running trunk on my DVB-S card so I can't say whether the
current channel scanner detects and uses the Freesat EPG channel
numbers. Otherwise, a SQL script that renumbers the Freesat channels
(using something pretty stable like their serviceid) is currently a
good way to do it if you find yourself rescanning often.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: