[mythtv-users] GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 23:40:43 UTC 2009

Is anybody (else) using this motherboard for a frontend or
frontend/backend system?

I'm running Mythbuntu 9.10.

I am having nothing but trouble trying to get this motherboard to
work.  I've tried various combinations of open source, proprietary
.deb., proprietary-install-it-yourself-from-ATI video drivers, current
ALSA drivers, latest ALSA drivers, analog and digital audio, 32 bit
and 64 bit installations.

I thought I'd be able to figure this out on my own, but reached the
point where I decided that the chipset on the mobo was new enough that
perhaps I needed to wait a month or two for the drivers to catch up.
So I went out and bought a 1/8" stereo to RCA jack cable and decided
to go with the vanilla (unaccellerated) open source video driver and
vanilla analog audio.  But it seemed that the audio didn't work until
I power cycled the box.  Then I finally had (analog) audio through my
TV.

Today I turned the TV back on, no longer have audio, and am at my wits end.

So, now I'll ask if anybody else has used this motherboard, or the
chipset on the motherboard (AMD 785G Northbridge and SB710
Southbridge).

--wpd