[mythtv-users] MythTV for TiVo converts

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Thu Dec 31 21:13:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Patrick Doyle <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I press ESC to exit out of viewing a program, and then come back
> into it later, it starts back at the beginning, rather than where I
> left off.  This is very different than the TiVo experience, where they
> could go to the main menu, watch something else, and then pick up
> where they left off on the original program.

Press "Play" before exiting. It will set a bookmark. There might be a
setting somewhere to have it be automatically done for you, not sure on that
one. The bookmark persists in the database, so any frontend on the network
can use it. When you select a recording (or video) to play, it has a little
menu pop up asking if you want to start at the beginning or the bookmark.