[mythtv-users] DirecTV D12-700 & directv.pl

Frank Merrill fmerrill1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 21:08:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Alan Bryant
<alan at coastalbendnetworks.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have a MythTV network at my house that I have been using mainly for
> sharing movies hosted on the backend to remote frontends.
> I have two DirecTV receivers hooked up to my backend via two PVR-150's. The
> model #'s are D12-100 & D12-700.
> I can change channels on the D12-100 receiver via directv.pl on the command
> line (haven't tried in MythTV), but the D12-700 times out no matter what
> command is sent. I have both of them hooked up via identical pl2303 chipset
> serial 2 usb adapters with a null modem adapter in between. Again, the hook
> up is identical and the D12-100 works with no issues.
>
> Alan R. Bryant

What happens if you swap the 2 cables at the receivers? Does the
problem follow the cable?
What happens if you swap the 2 Serial-to-USB adapters, does the
problem follow the adapter?
What about swapping the 2 USB cables at the computer? (basicaly
swapping the USB ports)
Does the D12-700 uses the same command set as the D12-100?

I have no direct experience, just trying to see what you may have
tried (or not).

Frank