[mythtv-users] Odd multiple-tuner LiveTV Behavior

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 21:05:30 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote: > On 12/31/2009
03:27 PM, Phil Bridges wrote: >> >> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Raymond
Wagner wrote: >>   >>> >>> On 12/31/2009 11:42 AM, Phil Bridges wrote: >>>
> [...]
begins to >>>> record on Tuner #3 (HDHR tuner #2).  It kicks me out of
LiveTV.  When >>>> I try to get back into LiveTV, I'm told that all of my
tuners are >>>> being used, and lets me either exit or watch the one show
that's >>>> recording. >>> >>> When a show begins to record, it will use the
next available tuner, which >>> would be #2, not #3.  If it needs to change
the multiplex, it will do so >>> and >>> kick you off LiveTV on tuner #1.
 When you try to go back into LiveTV, it >>> will use the now free tuner #1,
however its last channel is on a >>> multiplex >>> it cannot currently tune,
hence the error entering LiveTV. >>> >>> Somewhere in the settings is one to
'Prevent conflicts between LiveTV and >>> recordings'.  This will cause
LiveTV to pull the last available tuner, >>> rather than the first. >> >>
See, that's the thing.  Tuner #2 is on the same multiplex as Tuner #1. >>
 Tuners 3 & 4 are on the same multiplex.  Tuner 5 doesn't have the >>
channel that was being recorded.  It appears Myth picked the correct >>
tuner, but still kicked the other tuner off. > >
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/369358#369358 > > Read the
entire post.  The solution you should use is the one at the end > ("It's
possible you could get around this issue..."), but you'll need all > the
information that's presented in the beginning, including the walkthrough >
of the "works, but not ideal" approach. > I get what this post says, but I
still don't see how Myth thinks I have *no* available tuners. I could see it
dropping my on the other multiplex on the recording card. I could see it
dropping me on either of the other two cards. But I really don't see it's
starting a recording on a one card affecting the current LiveTV activity on
another card.