[mythtv-users] Some what OT: Universal remote

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Thu Dec 31 17:17:33 UTC 2009

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Not quite inexpensive, but far cheaper than I've ever seen it before, my local Costco had the Logitech Harmony 880 remote for $88 about a week ago. Which is less than half what I think I paid for mine 4+ years ago. Really like mine, as does my wife. Fantastic for complex setups, where tv, cable box, amp, etc all have to be turned on and set to the correct inputs/outputs...

I have to second this. I went to Harmony many years ago and never looked
back. I have an 880 and two 890's. I like the 890 because it uses RF to
a multi-head IR blaster which stays with my equipment and makes commands
100% predictable regardless of obstructions. In fact in my bedroom, I
keep my front end and other AV equipment in the closet with only my TV
visible. Nice and tidy!