[mythtv-users] Card sharing

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 15:00:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 4:48 AM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Simon,
> Well said. The way you have shown the inconsistencies over this is excellent.
> DVD playing == illegal
> CD/DVD Ripping == illegal
> TimeShifting TV == illegal
> Recoridng TV == illegal
> MAME == illegal
> all discussed on this list
> CardSharing == illegal - not permitted on this list (quite rightly in
> my view as this is out and out theft whereas with the other topics the
> user _should_ have purchased the media).

Just let it rest.  The end result of pointing this stuff out is that
EVERYTHING will become verboten on this list - not just card-sharing.
By carrying on about this topic you'll scr*w everything up for the
rest of us.  Yes - everything you guys are saying makes sense - but if
you continue to pursue it, NO-ONE will win.  Google is your friend -
there are a few places on the web you can learn a lot about the topics
raised.  Beating this dead horse won't get us anywhere, except
dropping support for copying our DVDs and BLURAYS onto our myth