[mythtv-users] Help me find the magic combo (remote/lirc)

Jan Johansson j2 at mupp.net
Thu Dec 31 10:55:16 UTC 2009

>Doing It Wrong then. :)

Doin' it wrong since 2009! .. my new slogan :)

No, but seriously, any idea why I cannot get mode2/irw to work with
anything else then /dev/lircd (I haven't meddled with the init-scripts
or anything, Uts Ubuntu 9.10 )

This is with lirc_imon blacklisted and only mce_usb running:

mythtv at MythBox:/etc/udev/rules.d$ ls /dev/lirc*
/dev/lirc0  /dev/lircd
mythtv at MythBox:/etc/udev/rules.d$ man mode2
mythtv at MythBox:/etc/udev/rules.d$ mode2 /dev/lirc0
mode2: too many arguments
mythtv at MythBox:/etc/udev/rules.d$ mode2 -d /dev/lirc0
mode2: could not open /dev/lirc0
mode2: default_init(): Permission denied
mythtv at MythBox:/etc/udev/rules.d$ sudo mode2 -d /dev/lirc0
[sudo] password for mythtv:
mode2: could not open /dev/lirc0
mode2: default_init(): Device or resource busy
mythtv at MythBox:/etc/udev/rules.d$ irw /dev/lirc0
connect: Permission denied
mythtv at MythBox:/etc/udev/rules.d$ sudo irw /dev/lirc0
connect: Connection refused
mythtv at MythBox:/etc/udev/rules.d$

--
Meddelandet har kontrollerats mot virus samt skadligt
innehåll av MailScanner och förmodas vara säkert.