[mythtv-users] Low Audio on Ripped DVD

Jeff junk_inbox at verizon.net
Wed Dec 30 17:40:45 UTC 2009

> *Happy Holidays…*
> *I started to rip some DVD’s.*
> *When I play them back, the audio seems low.*
> *Any thoughts on whether this is normal. I am using the on board sound
> card and a cheap set of speakers.*
> *Tom*

  Your sound card is probably decoding the 5.1 audio and you're only hearing
the Left and Right channels of the 5.1 audio.

  There's a way to configure ALSA to down-mix 5.1 to Sterio - unfortunately
I haven't done that myself, so you'll have to google or search the archives
to see what you can turn up as I'm not an ALSA expert...   I 'cheated' and
bought a cheap 2-channel USB sound card for the system I had that issue