[mythtv-users] HD-PVR IR Blaster Guide

steve networks1 at cox.net
Wed Dec 30 13:35:25 UTC 2009

>I guess I have some more testing to do.  Maybe the 3rd box, if I can

>manage to relocate it, will be the charm.

>Thanks again,

I suppose we should also consider the possibility that you have a bad
emitter.  Digital cameras can "see" IR.  So if you have (or can borrow) a
camera where you frame the shot using the built-in monitor (vs. looking
through an optical viewfinder) point it at the emitter and set off a code.
You should see it blink.  You can also compare the blink pattern to the one
sent by the remote it's supposed to emulate to see if they look the same.