[mythtv-users] time zone with distant frontend

mythtv-free frenchmythtv at free.fr
Wed Dec 30 08:05:38 UTC 2009

My purpose was not to launch a so long debate!
I just wanted to know why it worked with 0.21 and not with 0.22.
I remember you that this is a user list, not a dev list! I don't have
the knowledge to summit a patch. I just want to understand why it is as
it is before reporting a bug.
In this case, it is not a bug, I just wanted to know why it is so
important to have the exact TZ on both computers.

My FE refuses to start, and I need to use CLI to understand the reason.
A proposal of improvement is that a failure that stop FE to launch will
appears in an "error window", it will be more user friendly.