[mythtv-users] Confused database?

Rich Wilson richaw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 22:47:38 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 12/28/2009 01:54 AM, Rich Wilson wrote:
>
>> My mythbuntu system seems to be working mostly, but there
>> is a puzzling problem with program descriptions. If I highlight
>> a program in the program guide, or in watch recordings, the program
>> description is frequently that of a completely different program, but
>> I think always one on the same channel. I had this problem back in 0.21,
>> (Open SUSE, compiled from svn -fixes) and hoped it would disappear when I
>> started over with a new load of mythbuntu (0.22 fixes (22594)). Everything
>> seemed fine for a while, then I saw one bad
>> one, and then gradually more. Whatever was causing the problem must have
>> tagged along in my database dump and restore. Running optimize_mythdb.pldoesn't seem to make any difference.
>> Does it report if any errors are found?
>> How can I figure out what's going on and eliminate this problem?
>> (if it involves SQL, I'll need to find a tutorial :-)
>>

> Sounds like you're an XMLTV or Schedules Direct user who enabled EIT on the
> same channels that are populated with XMLTV/SD data.
>
> This is also known as, "Configuring EIT to stomp all over the correct
> listings data."
>
> Mike

Thank you for the hint, Mike. I unchecked the EIT box in the backend setup,
and I'll
trust that this will fix the problem.
I'm curious: It seems that either the TV stations are regularly supplying
bogus data,
or there is a bug in MythTV that attaches the descriptions to the wrong
programs.
Neither seems like a good explanation!

--
Rich Wilson