[mythtv-users] Keyboard mapping in 0.22

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 29 22:21:57 UTC 2009

On 12/29/2009 04:49 PM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Joacim J wrote:
>
>> With 0.21 I often used the following combo to select a TV show
>>
>> 1. Press 'm' to get menu
>> 2. Press 'Enter' to select/go into EPG
>> 3. Scroll upp/down to select the channel
>> 4. Press 'm' to select the channel and return to full show
>>
>> With 0.22 step 4 doesn't work..
>>
>> Have the keybindings been changed?
>> Any idea?
> Try pressing SELECT.

Or, after step 4 (pressing 'm'):

5) Select "Change Channel"

SELECT will only work if you've selected an episode that's currently
airing or that starts within

Record Threshold
If the option to use Select to change the channel is on, pressing Select
on a show that is at least this many minutes into the future will
schedule a recording.

minutes.  The "Change Channel" entry in the menu is always available
(even if you scroll a few days into the past or future in the EPG).

For background on why we changed the keys:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/405065#405065

Mike

Oh, and thanks for the question--you've made me realize I need to modify
the help text for that option to become:

Record Threshold
Pressing Select on a show that is at least this many minutes into the
future will schedule a recording.

(As we no longer have a "Select to change the channel" option and its
functionality is always enabled.)