[mythtv-users] time zone with distant frontend

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 22:05:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> Naively, if I were designing the system from scratch, I'd have the
> backend deal exclusively in UTC and have the frontends do time
> conversion when necessary for display purposes.

If you read to the end of the gossamer post Mike linked above, you'll see a
ticket created to convert to UTC, along with an explanation of the fact that
while the devs acknowledge that it's an issue, the functionality gain is
disproportionately small compared to the size of the code change, so it's
not high on anybody's to-do list.

It took me about 3 minutes of reading the ticket and some of the affected
code to come to the same conclusion.
--
Doug