[mythtv-users] time zone with distant frontend

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 17:34:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:30 AM, mythtv-free <frenchmythtv at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
> I got this message from my mythtv:
> "Time zone settings on the master backend differ from those on this system.
> 2009-12-29 18:23:15.291 Detected time zone settings:
>    Master: Zone ID: 'CET', UTC Offset: '3600', Current Time:
> '2009-12-29T18:23:15'
> '2009-12-29T18:23:15'
> 2009-12-29 18:23:15.291 The time and/or time zone settings on this
> system do not match those in use on the master backend. Please ensure
> all frontend and backend systems are configured to use the same time
> zone and have the current time properly set.
> 2009-12-29 18:23:15.292 Unable to run with invalid time settings. Exiting.
> "
> I think that this time checking is too sensitive! Is it new in 0.22 ?

My feeling is that a pop-up is warranted to at least tell you. In many
cases you're auto-starting the mythfrontend and all that happens is
that it crashes back to desktop.

I bet I could figure out enough C to make a dialog box happen. You'd
still wind up having to connect to keyboard or SSH in to fix it but at
least the error would be more friendly.