[mythtv-users] Ubuntu dependencies

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 11:43:56 UTC 2009

Thanks for all, I just added the Avenard's repository and works great, I
installed "mythtv" and "mythtv-backend-master" packages, are they enough?

I have a Pinnacle DVB-T USB capturer, it find well, but I can't scan for
channels. But this will be an othew post.

I don't want to install Mythbuntu yet because I have well configured XBMC
and my father use every hour. MythTV will repleace XBMC, I need thoose
requisites on a HTPC:

1. Watch 1080p films (with VDPAU)
2. Listen my music collection (more than 150GB on remote server)
3. View my photo collection on slideshow.
4. Watch satellite and terrestrial TV channels (here is where MythTV comes)

Thanks for all and best regards.

2009/12/29 faginbagin <mythtv at hbuus.com>

> Hi Josu,

> If you only recently installed Ubuntu Karmic and don't really have an
> investment in it, I suggest reinstalling the mythbuntu version (
> mythbuntu.org). It will give you an operating environment that works and
> will take care of a lot of the details, like installing compatible nvidia
> libraries.
>
> HTH,
> Helen

Josu Lazkano