[mythtv-users] NewEgg Cheap Nvidia GT220 Cards

Drew Gilbert gilbert.drew at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 11:42:11 UTC 2009

myShade wrote:
> This looks promising as it wont got above the full-heigt pci spec, as
>  many other passive cards.
> http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?CategoryID=5&TypeID=34&DetailID=1046&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=54&LanID=0

Zotac have something similar, but this one takes up two slots:

> Just can't find anywhere to buy.

Nobody can :(

I might end up going for a card with fan and attach a passive cooler,
something like:

The GT220 cards are not directly supported, but I've heard it can be
'made' to fit by bending a few fins to avoid capacitors etc.
Unfortunately, this does put the price up, but it might be worthwhile.

> MSI has a equalent, of which most stores does'nt even have pictures
> of, not even at MSI site. N220GT-MD1GZ

This looks promising, since it's actually for sale in central Europe,
but details are quite sketchy.  Would be nice to see/hear some reviews
or experiences of it before going for the plunge.