[mythtv-users] Mac Mini and Broadcom Crystal HD PCI Express mini-card

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Dec 28 17:49:26 UTC 2009

On Dec 28, 2009, at 12:42 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Ken Mandelberg <km at mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:
>> I haven't seen anything about the progress on this for a few months.
>>
>> Is there any news?
>
> There is still no legally distributable linux driver.  A copy of the
> driver that predates all of the work that makes it genuinely usable
> was leaked on a chinese web site, but this version is illegal, and is
> lacking a lot of critical fixes.  It's not anything you would want to
> base any real work on.  When the driver is freely available, maybe
> someone with the video output expertise will take an interest, but I
> wouldn't count on it as a certainty.

Yeah, someone isn't doing so hot at getting the official public release out the door as they've promised to do several times now over the past several weeks. Nothing much is going to happen until said someone gets that done. I'm far from a video output expert, and I've lost interest in trying to ramp up on it and implement crystal hd support until the bits are actually properly released. Too many other things to work on that aren't essentially just vaporware. :\

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com