[mythtv-users] [RANT] mythtv-users] Deal with non-HD in SD only frontends?

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 03:46:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 12/24/2009 12:05 PM, Greg Woods wrote:
>> On Thu, 2009-12-24 at 08:50 -0800, David L wrote:
>>> This page:
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frontend_Channel_Editor#Edit_Channels
>>> says to "Fill in the fields for the current channel, especially the
>>> XMLTV ID" which I did, but it didn't seem to change anything.
>>> So what is the magic incantation (or the obvious thing that I'm
>>> missing) to make this work?
>> Did you run "mythfilldatabase" after making XMLTVID changes?
Yes, I had done that.

> And likely you'll need
> mythfilldatabase --refresh-all

I hadn't done that, so I tried it.  That didn't seem to help either.
I tried rescanning the channels, then re-editing the channels,
and then re-running "mythfilldatabase --refresh-all".  The
channels still have the wrong name and wrong program info.

For example, when I watch live TV, I can see that channel 15
is the Discovery Channel.  Schedules Direct says Discovery
is channel 29 with an xmltv id of 12500.  So in the
channel editor for channel 15, I changed the name from
Public Access to Discovery and changed the xmltv id to
12500.  Then I exited the channel editor and ran

"mythfilldatabase --refresh-all

Then I started mythfrontend live tv, changed to the tuner
connected to comcast and changed to channel 15.  It still
thinks it's Public Access and doesn't have program guide
data for the Discovery channel either.  I tried rebooting
after this whole process and that didn't seem to make a
difference either.  Any other ideas about what I'm doing



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list