[mythtv-users] DVB-S All Existing Transports Out of Range

Charles Mason charlie.mas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 23:48:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Nick Morrott
<knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/24 Charles Mason <charlie.mas at gmail.com>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a uk based Myth TV dedicated backend and multiple frontends set
>> up. I have two DVB-T tunners for Freeview and one DVB-S to pick up the
>> Freesat channels.
>>
>> My DVB-S setup appears to be malfunctioning. If in mythtv-setup I scan
>> all existing transports, it finds nothing almost instantly. Looking at
>> dmesg I find that it thinks most of the existing transport frequencies
>> are out of range. However some of the channels appear to work. I can
>> successfully make recordings from BBC HD, however zone thriller now
>> CBS Action seems to have stopped working. I think its moved muiltiplex
>> according to http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html. However I can't now
>> seem to get it to scan for anything.
>>
>> The results of the dmesg a shown below.
>>
>>  3621.517031] DVB: adapter 1 frontend 0 frequency 11262000 out of
>> range (177000000..858000000)
>
> <snip>
>
> Are you sure the DVB-S card has not been detected/configured as a
> DVB-T card? Those min/max freqs look like terrestrial broadcast
> frequencies, whilst the frontend freqs being tested appear to be DVB-S
> muxes.

Thanks for the suggestion. I installed some Ubuntu updates which seem
to have changed the error message and it now seems to be working. The
update included an updated kernel image so may be that's updated the
DVB-S drivers.

Most of the channels now work, alrthough I still can't figure out why
CBS:Action is not working. Its not really a big loss.

Thanks again

Charlie M