[mythtv-users] [solved] HDPVR can only record one show (any thoughts)

Vern spamvern at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 24 19:14:40 UTC 2009

John P. nailed this one in an email.  Increasing the max_poll_wait from 2500ms to 10000ms in libs/libmythtv/DeviceReadBuffer.cpp has done wonders for me.  Several recordings over the last couple days have all worked perfectly including back to back on different channels and the same channel.

It would seem for whatever reason my HDPVR needs more than 2500ms to start streaming data to mythtv after the first recording.

Now I can commence with the endless fiddling to get playback just right.

Thanks again for the help John.

Vern