[mythtv-users] Keep recorded shows

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 05:08:36 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is so common and well documented that I think people assumed you
> must be asking about something else. Read up on the wiki and then get
> back to here if you are still confused. I suggest you check out these
> places first:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythrename.pl
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Removing_Commercials
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythnuv2mkv
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Nuvexport
>
> The last two are popular scripts for transcoding your recordings. You
> can use them or roll your own, but they should give you an idea of how
> the process works and how to set up a user job to do it.

Thanks for your reply,

mythrename.pl looks like a promising script.  I don't want to be
renaming any files in the real TV recordings directory.  So what I
understand from the script is this

My current recordings directory is -

/var/lib/mythtv/recordings

This is the directory for RECORDINGS and NOT VIDEOS

So is this the correct syntax to create a sub directory called
show_names in /var/lib/mythtv/recordings

mythrename.pl --link /var/lib/mythtv/recordings --format %T/%T%-%S