[mythtv-users] No Optical drive menu options

Gerald McKinney geraldmckinney at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 05:03:41 UTC 2009

I am fairly new to linux and mythtv.  I have ubuntu 9.10 and latest mythtv
via synaptic as a master backend and front end.  The optical drive settings
are not displaying in the menu frontend.  There is no reference to
configuring the optical drive (I can see this on my secondary front end -
different computer).  I can play movies with "movie player" but if i select
"play with mythtv front end" i am sent to the mythtv menu, but nothing
happens.  If i run mythtv-setup there are only 6 menu items, no optical
drive options here either.  How do i get my optical drive to work in
mythtv?