[mythtv-users] Alternative Ubuntu Repositories

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Wed Dec 23 00:43:41 UTC 2009

Nick Rout schreef op 22-12-2009 23:51:
> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> There is much talk of alternative repositories and builds of MythTV (with
>>> patches applied) for Ubuntu. Is there a list anywhere; can't find it on the
>>> wiki, preferably with a list of patches applied; pro's & con's
>> I don't know about a list anywhere but here are two popular repositories:
>>
>> Mythbuntu: http://mythbuntu.org/auto-builds
>> Jean-Yves Avenard:
>> http://avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Ubuntu_Repository.html
>
> More specifically, the auto builds give you up to date builds of
> 0.22-fixes OR trunk, depending which you want.
>
> JYA originally set his up as a backport of vdpau to 0.21. However it
> now has more than just that, and its best to read his own page about
> that, or I'll just paraphrase it and get something wrong!

I see that JYA is providing nvidia-packages version 195, I'm following
mythbuntu now and wondering if a later version would help counter the
blocking-issues I'm having with mythtv now.
Mplayer shows videos without any issues, with mythtv I get distortions.

If someone has experiences with both a small comparison would very much
be appreciated.

Regards,

Jos Hoekstra