[mythtv-users] Confusion about screen size setups

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 17:43:37 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There are two places to set screen sizes in MythTV (Mythbuntu .22)
>>
>> One is in Utilities/setup, Setup, Appearances
>>
>> The other is in Utilities/Setup, Setup, TV settings, Playback
>>
>> Can somebody enlighten me please?
>
> I believe the first is for the GUI, and the second is for the actual
> playback. There is a setting to use the same settings for playback and
> GUI. If you don't use the same settings for both then you can set them
> up separately. One use case would be if you want to scale the GUI
> because of overscan, but then let the playback happen unscaled.

That was what I was thinking.  I have a terrible problem with overscan
on one front end.  Very difficult to see some of the flags MythTV
creates.

Example:
Showing that it's a commercial flagged program.  Also program groups
etc... are off the screen some what.

Do you know if this is per front end?
Example:
Custom identifier for front end preferences

Thanks for your reply