[mythtv-users] Uninterruptible Power Supply

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 07:49:35 UTC 2009

> That's exactly my point.  You have to go rediculously overboard to get
> anything nearing laptop battery life with a UPS.  Had you not gotten an
> extremely low price off Ebay, you would be much better served getting a $50
> 500-800VA battery, and an entry level generator for $400.  As a bonus, you
> wouldn't have to start worrying about the food in your refrigerator at the
> end of that two hour battery life.

That was for extending my uptime during the times when I was not at
home. Before buying the 1400XL I had used  PCM King Pro 1000VA unit I
bought 7 to 10 years ago for around $150. The same unit is here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842106105&cm_re=powercom_ups-_-42-106-105-_-Product

anyways this has given me around 1 hour of analog recording time on a
quad core machine more than once in the 5 years I had it on my myth
backend.

John