[mythtv-users] Picture misalignment at top of screen with VDPAU

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Tue Dec 22 05:52:39 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I just got a video card that is capable of doing VDPAU (NVidia 9500GT).
Unfortunately, the result is not as perfect as I'd hoped it to be.

I get a line at the top of the screen, about an inch down from the very
top of the screen, that looks like tearing or like the picture is
misaligned. It only happens when there is motion on the screen. When
the picture is steady (for example, if the background is steady), the
problem does not appear.

I've tried using the different VDPAU profiles but they all have the
same problem.

When I switch back to 'Normal' profile, everything is fine. Everything
that seems relevant to this on the mailing list does not seem to help.
I've tried enabling Sync to VBlank in nvidia-settings for both OpenGL
and XVideo, I've tried using different deinterlacers in the VDPAU High
Quality profile.