[mythtv-users] MythTV vs Tivo (Australia)

sonofzev at iinet.net.au sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 22 04:58:37 UTC 2009

On Tue Dec 22 15:52 , Graham wood  sent:

>>I took this info and rang Dad with my spiel and have semi convinced him to
>
>>go with Myth. The tip over point was his need to record channel 7 & 9 at the
>
>>same time.
>
>Bruce,
>
>Beware of using shepherd and Channel 7.. as 7 is almost consistantly out by five
minutes in prime time! I go to record a show and miss the vital part because
packed to the rafters plays over!

Channel 10 is equally as bad although usually late and 9 swings from being good
to bad.. I wouldn't be surprised if this was deliberate so that people with
PVR's with ad-skipping functionality get miffed and go back to watching real-time.

While not friendly with disk space I pretty much setup every recording to start
about 7 minutes early and finish up to 20 minutes late. This is critical when the
so-called "Reality" shows are on as they tend to run over time all the time.
(especially live ones like "Dancing with the washed up stars and retired sports
people")..

As for ad skipping in Australia.. I get around 70% of ads skipped and maybe 1 %
incorrect skips..