[mythtv-users] [RANT] mythtv-users] Deal with non-HD in SD only frontends?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 21 18:37:04 UTC 2009

On 12/21/2009 01:18 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
> On Mon, December 21, 2009 9:34 am, Bill Bogstad wrote:
>> If some poor unfortunate soul who can't get ATSC listings to import
>> from SchedulesDirect finds
>> this note, the solution is to set your ATSC separator to a dash "-"
>> not a period ".".  The only reference
>> I found to this is on a blog. http://murraysaul.wordpress.com/.
> That seems like the kind of thing that ought to be tested for in the code;
> it sounds like an easy, basic sanity check.

THe problem occurred because the channel information reported by the 
stream and captured into the database during scanning used different 
identifiers from the ones used by SD.  Therefore, mfdb was unable to 
automatically link MythTV channel information to SD listings information.

The proper solution when your broadcasters use different information 
from your listings provider is to /specify/ what listings go with what 
channels--by setting the xmltvid, as described in the wiki: 
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV_ID .

As for Murray's other issues from the linked blog page:

"When running the Mythtv frontend, I noticed that pressing y key no 
longer works"
 - http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6472#comment:9 (i.e. I need someone 
to test that patch and I'll apply it)

"I used to be able to move to different station in the EPG (Electronic 
Programming Guide) by pressing m, but this now brings up a menu item"
 - Upgrade to current 0.22-fixes - 
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22674 and 


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list