[mythtv-users] Deal with non-HD in SD only frontends?

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 14:43:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>wrote:

> Ronald Frazier wrote:
>
>> ...so what you're saying is, once I've bought one HDTV I should be forced
>>> upgrade all my other TVs to HD?

What's being said is that unless you're situation is similar to the
developers' situation, you have to suck it up and deal with it, which means
either spending a lot of money on hardware so that you do match, or
accepting that the software that they've written to work with their hardware
isn't going to be optimized for your particular suituation.  Such is life in
the FOSS world.  Generally, they're a bit nicer about saying 'I'm not
wasting my time writing/maintaining code to solve a problem that will
eventuallysolve itself by attrition' etc.

I'm not a coder, and since I was sick of the same problem, I made the only
change I could to make it work as I wanted, which was to upgrade all my
frontends computers to be capable of displaying HD content, though only 1 of
my 4 displays is actually an HD display (two are computer monitors that are
better than SD, but not full HD).