[mythtv-users] Gentoo / Jamu?

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Mon Dec 21 05:25:57 UTC 2009

Jamu uses the MythTV python bindings to read and write data from the
data base. Jamu only does one direct MySQL call and that is to read the
recorded table when the -MW option is used.

The MythTV python bindings require a properly configured
~/mythtv/config.xml file to access the MythTV data base.  Each account
that you run Jamu with requires a ~/mythtv/config.xml. I run Jamu under
root and my user account and have a copy of the config.xml file in the
home directory of each account.

The log you included of a Jamu maintenance -M run looked like the Video
directory(s) only included 26 video files. As specified in the Jamu wiki
you must have run an interactive session -MI to get each video files
TMDB and TVDB reference numbers. If you do not have reference numbers
then a maintenance run -M will skip videos without reference numbers.
Both Mythvideo and Jamu require reference numbers to get meta data text
and images. Both will also try to match the file name with a movie or tv
series before interacting with the users.

Doug