[mythtv-users] Freesat EPG listings

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Sun Dec 20 09:56:06 UTC 2009

On 20/12/2009 00:18, Jack Weeden wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having trouble getting any EPG data for the Freesat service in the
> UK. My Myth setup currently works fine, aside from the listings, in
> that I can scan/import all channels and watch them with no problem.
> However all of this is rather useless without any programme listings.
> I've tried with both EIT and using XMLTV, the latter getting me a few
> listings for a small handful of channels (the terrestrial BBC1/2, ITV,
> 4 and Five not included). Using EIT I get absolutely no listings at
> all, even after leaving it for a number of hours as I'm aware it's not
> instantaneous. I've tried with 0.22 as well as the latest trunk build,
> both achieve the same results.
> I'm using a Hauppauge WinTV Nova S-HD if that helps.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You should certainly be able to get listing data for most of the freesat
channels from the xmltv radio times grabber.

Make sure you have a complete channel list to pass to the grabber - mine
is /home/mythtv/.mythtv/DVB-S.xmltv and contains the information below...

Also check that you have set the xmltv id's for all your channels - you
can check this in mythweb settings -> TV -> channel info.

channel hd.bbc.co.uk
channel news.bbc.co.uk
channel parliament.bbc.co.uk
channel interactive.sport.bbc.co.uk