[mythtv-users] Freesat EPG listings

Jack Weeden jackweeden at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 00:18:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting any EPG data for the Freesat service in the
UK. My Myth setup currently works fine, aside from the listings, in
that I can scan/import all channels and watch them with no problem.
However all of this is rather useless without any programme listings.

I've tried with both EIT and using XMLTV, the latter getting me a few
listings for a small handful of channels (the terrestrial BBC1/2, ITV,
4 and Five not included). Using EIT I get absolutely no listings at
all, even after leaving it for a number of hours as I'm aware it's not
instantaneous. I've tried with 0.22 as well as the latest trunk build,
both achieve the same results.

I'm using a Hauppauge WinTV Nova S-HD if that helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!