[mythtv-users] SPDIF suddenly quit working.

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Sat Dec 19 22:25:56 UTC 2009

Derek Tattersall wrote:
> On Fri, December 18, 2009 11:35 pm, The GUIGuy wrote:
>> Derek Tattersall wrote:
>>> I had everything working, then my computer crashed.
>>> Now when I try to play a recording back through the spdif port, I get
>> Derek,
>> try
>> iecset audio true
>> It got SPDIF going again for me when I lost it recently
> That worked. Thanks for the tip.
on debian based distros you may also need to

sudo alsactl store 0

to make the changes more or less permanent.

The GuiGuy

  /  Oz  \

They are not a nation of snobs like the English or of extravagant
boasters like the Americans or of reckless profligates like the French,
they are simply a nation of drunkards
(Marcus Clark - Englishman)