[mythtv-users] Anyone using this card?

Stuart Larson halcyon at obfus.com
Thu Dec 17 17:05:44 UTC 2009

> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 9:19 AM, James Thorpe <james at tfxsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> John Drescher wrote:
>>
>>> Mythtv has direct support for this device.
>>>

>> I've seen the name dropped a few times but this thread is the first time
>> that I've actually really looked at the HDHR.  Certainly looks
>> interesting -
>> even if the version in the uk only supports OTA.  My main query right
>> now is
>> - does it support myth's ability to record multiple channels off one
>> tuner
>> at the same time on the same multiplex, or can it only stream 1 channel
>> per
>> tuner?
>>

> I have read that multirec does work with the HDHR and Myth .22, I haven't
> tried it myself though.

I've very successfully recorded five programs from the two HDHR tuners -
three on one multiplex and two on another (one of each of the multiplexes
were in HD, as well, not that that really matters).  Using the latest
stable HDHR firmware and latest .22 fixes from SVN.  I'm recording from
antenna (ATSC in the US), if that matters.