[mythtv-users] remote frontend on a Mac

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Dec 17 13:13:59 UTC 2009

lee wrote:
> It seems to be broken by design. In that case, there's no point in
> trying to get it to work. It's very disappointing.

I honestly have to say I'm a bit confused by your attitude.  Myth
handles mutliple front ends.  It even handles multiple front ends on the
same machine, with different settings.  All transparently and without
problems.

It handles parental settings.

It is designed to be a home PVR among trusted users.

It sounds as if you're expecting it to be something that it is not -
something that may be used in a dormitory, or among untrusted users.
Myth has no security built in; never did, most likely never will, and I
expect most of us would not want it to.

So what is it you expect?

--

   o__