[mythtv-users] HD-PVR and vip211k

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 02:47:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Chas Dauphinais <dauphinaisc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 16:30 -0700, Alex Williamson wrote:
>> I've had this setup since before Jarod had the hdpvr IR blaster
>> working, so I used a dumb serial IR transceiver.
> <snip>
>>
>> In any case, you *should* be able to control the vip211k using any
>> lirc compatible IR transmitter, serial, usb-uirt, etc... using the
>> dish remote lircd.conf file.
>
> So reading this, it looks like you had things running?  I wonder, did

Yes, with serial IR transceiver, not hdpvr IR blaster.

> you ever get the 'failed to get data for code 0, key 400' error?  A

Nope, this doesn't sound familiar to me.  The error message is
indicating some problem with your lircd.conf though.  You should
effectively be able to 'cat
/usr/share/lirc/transmitters/dish/general.conf > /etc/lirc/lircd.conf'
(or your config may have an include of that file).  Then 'irsend -d
/dev/lircd SEND_ONCE dish <key>', where you can find values for key in
the config file, 0, 1, 2, ..., select, cancel, etc...  Note your
transmitter may be /dev/lircd1 if the tx lirc modules are loaded after
the rx modules.

Alex