[mythtv-users] MythTV with Sky+ or V+ (UK)

Gordon McCrae gordon.mccrae at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 16 23:15:55 UTC 2009

Nick Morrott wrote:

> What analogue outputs does your SkyHD box have? I'm guessing they (Sky
> HD and V+) only have one active output even if the box itself is
> recording multiple programmes?
>
> Cheers,
> Nick
That's correct, even though the SKY+ box has 2 tuners and can record 2
programmes simultaneously; you can only output one at a time. So from a
MythTV perspective you can only record one programme at a time from a
SKY box.

I have a PVR-250 and a USB dusky control box and it works fine for me,
although I'd love to be able to justify a second Sky box / PVR card combo!

I found that the best output from the Sky box was S-Video into my PVR card.

Don't know about V+ outputs though.

I do remember that a long time ago ('90s) a company called "Clyde
Cablevision" provided a set-top box that had two simultaneous outputs
(one for TV, another for VCR). If you have a local cable company, they
may have a similar offering that you could control via IR blaster.

Cheers
Gordon