[mythtv-users] 720p HD content from WPVI in Philly periodic a/v sync issues

Taylor Ralph tralph11 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 16 15:01:59 UTC 2009

> The cpu usage on the mac-mini is ranging around 35-50% on
> each core
> during playback of 720p recording so I think it's got
> enough power.
> The big issue with the mac-mini is the i915 graphics, but
> I've never
> really had a problem, until the a/v sync issues popped up
> on the one
> channel.  I'm going to try and get the display frame
> rate figured out.

I'm still wondering if for small amounts time the CPU usage spikes. And you might be right about the i915. I guess if Xv is using it to scale 720p to 1080p maybe it is not keeping up. You could set your display output resolution to 720p and let your display do the scaling. Then see if the ghosting goes away. Also please use the v5 patch since the changes to v6 didn't help and I'm not going to include them when I submit a ticket. And one more thing. Does the ghosting go away if you use Usleep vsync method on this machine?

> I appreciate your help, I'll keep after the ghosting for a
> bit.

No problem. It would be great if you can figure this ghosting issue out too as I'm sure it will help others. Let me know if I can help more.

I hope to have a ticket ready today.

--
Taylor