[mythtv-users] Dvico OTA signal meter

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 14:34:48 UTC 2009

Need to make some changes with the RG6 cable on my setup.  Wanted to be able
to view signal strength.

This is on Mythbuntu running xfce4 window manager.  Had to remove the
keyboard binding from xfce4 so the

Alt-F7 key would work with Mythtv.

Interesting enough it looks like the FusionHDTV7 does not support the signal
meter.  I was able to get around this by

switching my input to one of my pcHD 5500 cards.

I had noticed in the past these messages showing up
in /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log but didn't think much of it.

2009-12-14 19:36:20.988 DVBSM(/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0), Warning: Can not
measure Signal Strength
2009-12-14 22:35:03.158 DVBSM(/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0), Warning: Can not
measure Signal Strength

Both tuners on this card are working fine for tuning OTA broadcasts.

Is this a bug or a feature?