[mythtv-users] Mythtv fails after a ubuntu 8.04 lts update.
mythuser at quirkfamily.net
Wed Dec 16 11:40:44 UTC 2009
Sorry if this has been asked before but my mythtv was working fine I did
an update under Ubuntu last night and today mythtv no longer works it
complains of the following.
2009-12-16 18:24:12.037 Using runtime prefix = /usr, libdir = /usr/lib
2009-12-16 18:24:12.211 Empty LocalHostName.
2009-12-16 18:24:12.278 Using localhost value of junkbox
2009-12-16 18:24:12.609 New DB connection, total: 1
2009-12-16 18:24:12.693 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
2009-12-16 18:24:12.724 Closing DB connection named 'DBManager0'
2009-12-16 18:24:12.731 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
2009-12-16 18:24:12.771 New DB connection, total: 2
2009-12-16 18:24:12.780 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
2009-12-16 18:24:12.790 The schema version of your existing database is
newer than this version of MythTV unders
tands. Please ensure that you have selected the proper database server
or upgrade this and all other frontends a
nd backends to the same MythTV version and revision.
This happens every time I start the back-end.
I have had a quick look at the database tables and the info seems to be
present in mythconverg but nothing starts they all complain about the
I was in the middle of moving the system to a different computer but it
run OK after the hardware update. The only point it stopped was after
the Ubuntu update.
I am now sorry I didn't look to see what was updated :-(
I looked at utf-8 problem but everything is set to latin-1 except the
database so I'm not sure if this is it or not.
I am running version 0.21.0+fixes16838-0ubuntu3.1(hardy-updates)
I hope some one can help many thanks
More information about the mythtv-users