[mythtv-users] New MythTV Web/Internet Video Plugin

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 06:09:37 UTC 2009

> The TOS for clicker.com specifically prohibits the kind of access thet
> Netvision will provide. See "use or launch any automated system, including
> without limitation, "bots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that accesses
> the Site;" quoted from http://www.clicker.com/about/terms.html section
> "Prohibited Conduct".

Yeah, I saw that but I wasn't sure how Netvision worked. If it was
doing an automated crawl, or if it was browsing in real time like a
user would. They do allow 3rd party apps, etc, as long as they don't
cause a higher load than a normal user would. Also Clicker has made an
official App for Boxee, so I don't think they would be adverse to what
Netvision would be doing with it, as long as it was browsing like a
normal user would and as long as it isn't downloading content for
offline use. I understand that this all hangs on the interpretation of
their words and their meaning of them. I just wanted to check because
it seems like a nice central way to get to everything else.