[mythtv-users] Emprex MCE remote ? Help ?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 21:05:05 UTC 2009

2009/12/15 paul <thannet at gmail.com>:
> Hi Guys.
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Emprex-3009URF-Windows-Center-Control/dp/B002A8HEFY/ref=pd_cp_ce_1
> I purchased two of these remotes, they appear to emulate a keyboard, has
> anyone got one of these working fully with myth? I am just lost on where
> to start on making this work. Cannot seem to buy the old MS MCE remotes
> which worked fine for me in the past, now both have sadly died.
> As a side point, I still have both the original USB IR Eyes, from the MS
> remotes, can I use the Xbox 360 DVD remote with them ?
> Other than that, could anyone in the UK recommend a suitable and
> obtainable remote ?

I recently got one of these Hauppauge media center remotes:

to use with my Revo 3610 frontend. The USB receiver worked out of the
box (Fedora 12) and I tested the remote with LIRC using the devinput
driver and a suitable lircd.conf. No problems to report (IR
transmitter not used so far), other than the remote I received was
black, not silver as illustrated.

Nick Morrott