[mythtv-users] CPU load when watching TV

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Tue Dec 15 18:38:51 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 15 December 2009 06:58:41 am lee wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 11:01:48AM -0500, Rod Smith wrote:
>
> > On a dedicated Myth box, the 17% CPU time consumed by kwin would be
> > unacceptable.
>
> Why would it be unacceptable?

Perhaps I should have said "unacceptable TO ME." Because it consumes CPU time
with absolutely no benefit, potentially interfering with playback, slowing
down transcoding or commflagging jobs, etc. Of course, if playback were still
OK, it might be tolerable, but it'd still slow down other processes.

--
Rod Smith