[mythtv-users] rescanning scte65scan results

James Klaas jklaas at appalachian.dyndns.org
Tue Dec 15 16:36:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Also, keep in mind that scte65scan has no ability to report on HD
>>> channels, even if they're available without encryption.
>>>

>> The -p (PSIP) option and a tuning file at the end of the arguments
>> finds all my HD channels in the clear...
>
> Your mileage may vary on this one.  I tried to get that to work, but I
> was never able to pick up any additional channels using -p.

I found some tuner cards were better at getting PSIP data than others.
 If you have more than one tuner card, try a different one.  I have
found Comcast has been changing their lineups in my area (Ann Arbor,
MI) about once a week.

I've been saving the sql outputs from session to session and diff-ing
them.  I've also found that some of the updates don't work right
because they'll change the channel names.

James