[mythtv-users] Proposed new Myth frontend/backend

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 22:33:14 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Donald J. Organ IV <dorgan at donaldorgan.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> What does everyone think about using the following for a front/back end.
>>

>> http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=13032186
>>
>> Eventually I will add an HD-PVR to record HD from the cable box.
>>

> Why are you buying 2 750gb hard drives?
>
> You can find 1tb drives for the a few dollars more:

Personally, I would start with a single 750GB (or 1TB) drive and wait
until you fill that up (and prices inevitably fall) to get the second
one.  With only 2 tuners in the system you should be fine.

Also, if this system is only for MythTV, I think a 9500 graphics gives
you everything possible for VDPAU, and costs a lot less than the 9600.
 I would recommend going fanless if possible.  It will be quieter and
the fan won't go bad.

Jim